1.6.11

Rolls

Roll

The breakfast staple in our house. After I started making these Big Brother refuses to eat store bought bread.

Again it's the trusty Trine that got me baking these. I can really thank her for my whole interest in baking bread and rolls. That and my trusty Kitchen Aid.

Friend

(Original recipe here)

Grainy Rolls

Step 1
100 grams oats
50 grams sunflower seeds
25 grams lin seeds
25 grams sesame seeds
2,5 dl hot water

Step 2
200 grams rough wheat flour
150 grams rough rye flour
Approx 500 grams flour
1 teaspoon seasalt
30 grams fresh yeast or 1 bag of dry yeast
3 dl tepid milk
3 dl tepid water
1 teaspoon honey

Step 1: Mix the grains and add the hot water in your mixing bowl. Let cool while you get together the dry ingredients.

Step 2: Add all the flour mix (hold some back for adjusting) to the mixture. If you are using fresh yeast mix it in with the milk/water/honey. I usually make the mix tepid by using hot water and cold milk. Dry yeast can go in with the dry ingredients. Add the liquids too.

Now here's the trick. Let your stand mixer do all the work, and let it work the dough for 10 minutes adjusting the rest of the flour so that the dough is sticky, but still lets go of the sides of your bowl.

Ready

Put some cling film over your bowl and forget about the dough for an hour or so (untill it grows over the sides).

Alive

Divide the dough into two and add to your worktop dusted with flour. This is where I mamke it easy easy. I just roll it out like a thick pizza dough (approx 1-2 cm depending on how high you like your rolls) and cut it with my pizza cutter. Half the dough makes 12 squares. Then I use a spatula to transfer them onto trays.

Then just paint over whisked egg and add the seeds you like. I use sunflower, sesame, poppy and pumpkin seeds.

Let them rest for another hour or so, or untill they double in size, and bake at 220 degrees for 13-15 minutes. We underbake them a little so that we can freeze them and reheat them for fresh goodnes every day.

Seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feed my comments. They're hungry.