31.5.11

Quickie: Omelette

Omelet

A most satisfying lunch or supper. Especially with mushrooms and spinach.

I whip up two or three eggs while I sautee some spinach, leeks and mushrooms in a bit of butter. Salt and pepper in the eggs and on the vegies.

When the vegies are browned to my liking I bunch them up in a pile and pour over the eggs. I keep the pan hot, and (because I have a big pan) I push the eggs towards the pile of ingredients.

Now here's the secret to turn it amazing:

Before you start you turn your oven grill on hot, and at this stage you put the pan under it. I have one of those with a removable handle, and I plonk the whole pan in and close the door. If your handle can't take the heat, then just leave the door open, and the handle out of the grill zone.

The omelette soufflees up and gets beautiful and soft.

Pile over basil, rocket or whatever other leafy green you might have at hand.

Eat.

(... and maybe have some cherries for dessert)

Cherries

2 comments:

Feed my comments. They're hungry.