19.7.11

Cheaty Ceasar

Salad

I'm developing a love for salads. Just making them up as I go. And when the ceasar salad craving came. I made my version.

I used romano lettuce, chicken breasts and bacon in a vinaigrette packed with parmeggiano reggiano. Yummy!

Chicken

I have one of those pans that you can take the handle off, so I just plonk three-four well seasoned chicken breasts in the pan and brown them off on both sides. Then I add some strips of bacon into the same pan and put the whole thing it in the oven at 220 degrees. The chicken takes about 15-20 minutes depending on size, and the bacon will be done before then. Just remove it when crispy.

Bacon

The salad dressing is my standard vinaigrette, and then I add loads of freshly grated parmesan cheeze. And yes I know in the original recipe you add ancovies and wostershire sauce.

Dressing

I like that the chicken is not too hot when I put it in the salad so it doesn't wilt it. It gives me enough time to make some crutons from old bread. Use the same pan with the drippings in it. Add herbs and a couple chopped cloves of garlic and two good handfulls of diced bread. Turn the bread around the pan to soak up the herby/garlicy/bacony goodness.

Crutons

Then I just tear up my washed romano lettuce. Mix it in the dressing and top it off with sliced chicken, bacon and crutons. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that looks good.
    For the past few days I've been with some friends from Haiti who just love fried things. What I would give for a decent salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish you lived in my house so you could feed me yummy food all day haha x

    ReplyDelete

Feed my comments. They're hungry.